EASi has been a leader in providing engineering support services and technology solutions for the global market for more than 35 years, with particular expertise in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, embedded systems and manufacturing engineering. With 2,400 dedicated employees across the U.S. and India, EASi offers comprehensive and innovative solutions, specializing in energy and utilities, automotive, transportation, medical devices and consumer/industrial products.
The position falls within the Protection and Controls Department of the organization. The engineer will complete protection and control projects that support our customer. They will work with in-house and client engineers and designers. They will provide, coordinate, and conduct training to lower level engineers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work on green-field and brown-field (retrofit) Protection and Control Projects in substations
* Set relays and conduct relay setting calculations utilizing ASPEN, AcSELerator 5010 (SEL), and GE URPC Software
* Design settings in appropriate format then issue to assigned Protection and Controls Supervisor using IPS
* Mark-up and review protection schematics and elementaries
* Utilize MOB Port to review equipment and materials established by substation engineers for Protection Designers
* Work with the following equipment: transformers, circuit breakers, buses, reactors, line disconnects, protective relays systems (SEL, ABB, etc.), and SCADA systems
* Function as a project lead for protection and control projects
* Perform all engineering and design activities with minimum direction
* Lead, facilitate, and coordinate work activities of others within the work group, team, department, or those external to complete substation projects
* Provide training and guidance to lower level employees
* Identify and initiate corrective action when substation project objectives are not being met
* Interpret codes and regulations and develop standards for construction projects
* Promote engineering professionalism and standards
* Develop, recommend, and implement plans by establishing goals, objectives, and requirements that include all scheduling, resources, and cont information for complex engineering
* Position requires 10-15% travel to field substations
Education and Experience Requirements:
* 12+ years of experience in utilities working with protection and controls
* 12+ years of experience completing engineering projects from start to finish
* 12+ years of experience setting relays and designing one line diagrams
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (ABET)
* Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering (ABET) will count toward years of experience
* A PE License is desirable but not required
Requisite Abilities and Skills:
* Advanced ability to perform design calculations such as battery sizing, AC and DC loads, system component selection, power transformer and circuit breaker selection, circuit protection, control and power cable selection and rating, bus bars, fittings, insulators, ground grid design, and lightning protection
* Advanced understanding of standards and codes such as IEEE, ANSI, NERC-PRC, NEC, and NESC
* Possess advanced understanding of protection and control equipment, relays, and fault analysis
* Strong written and verbal communication
* Possess ability to understand interrelationship between systems and component equipment
* Stay abreast of new products, developments, technologies, procedures, and equipment
Join EASi, a market leader in providing engineering support services and technology solutions for the global market. Established in 1981, EASi is headquartered in Hanover, MD with engineering sites in the US and India. We offer comprehensive and innovative solutions covering Virtual Product Development, Systems Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering for our customers. Due to sustained growth over the last several years, we are looking to add qualified employees. EASi offers comprehensive benefits to include medical, dental, optical, and optional 401k.
As a strategic engineering partner to many global Fortune 500 companies, EASi’s legacy of global engineering support services and consulting experience spans more than 30 years. Our expertise covers Automotive, Transportation, Aerospace, Construction & Industrial Equipment, Electronics, and Energy & Utilities.
EASi is a subsidiary of Aerotek, a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. Founded in 1983, Aerotek provides technical, professional and industrial staffing services to variety of industries. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group® Inc., the largest staffing company in the U.S.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.